Translate

About Latvia 2014

Dear followers!

You will be soon able to follow me on my new project, starting on 1st September 2015.

I will cross again this wonderfull country but in a different way and with a new purpose.

Discover this new exiting adventure here:

http://latvianstroll.blogspot.fr/

04/02/2014

Departure

Tomorrow I will fly to Riga, then go to Liepaja city. I will sleep there overnight and in the morning will head to the starting point.

It was continuously snowing for the last two days, but unfortunately not significantly enough. Nevertheless, this should allow me to pull the pulka.

Temperatures are rising too, and according to forecast they should go over zero next week, close to 3°C. The consequence of this being that any precipitations might turn to rain instead of snow; it will all depends on low pressure and  the movement of cold air mass coming from north.

A monthly forecast for February is showing lower temperatures until March, reaching not less than -10°C and few days of snow falls.

Thing are not as expected, since usually Latvia is covered by snow at this period, with very low temperatures. It is normal to see people  fishing on lakes by making holes in thick ice layer.

I was relying on those very low temperatures to be able to cross rivers on ice. Now I have to re-examine the route I planned so to find bridges.

This years seems to have no winter. Over average temperatures are showing everywhere in Europe, leading to floods in many countries. Ski resorts in some area are dramatically missing snow or simply did not open at all.

Does global warming anything to do with this? Let's wait and see to what conclusions our experts will come.

As for me, it won't stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment